Recruitment Hints & Tips
Do some research
Read the detail on our website, find out what you can about our organisation. That will help you make an informed decision about your career and prepare you for the recruitment process.
Remember that we’re looking for people who share our values, who will enjoy being part of our culture. Our values are:
- Teamwork – Individually excellent… together, unstoppable
- Integrity – We do everything with unyielding integrity and authenticity
- Talent – We recruit, nurture and grow talented people
- Commitment – Customers are at the heart of everything we do
- Respect – We’re diverse, inclusive and show respect to everyone
- Passion – We are completely passionate about what we do
Think about what these values mean to you.
Put your best self forward
Please ensure that all the information you provide is accurate throughout the process.
Proof read your application.
Think about your skills, capabilities and experience and be prepared to talk about these throughout the recruitment process. We’re interested in your experiences and what you’ve learned throughout your education and career.
Consider the opportunity – we will be looking to see how your skills and experience match the role you’ve applied for.
Please ensure that you are eligible to apply for a role with us. Carefully review the job advert and check that you meet the minimum requirements for that role.
Consider the small details for your interviews
For telephone interviews, please make sure your phone signal is strong and take the call in a quiet location to avoid distractions during the call.
If you are invited to attend an interview or assessment centre there are a few things to think about before you arrive:
- Plan your journey in advance and make sure you know where you are going.
- Take note of your points of contact for your interview.
- Please inform us if you have any dietary requirements if you are coming in for a full day’s assessment.
- Please turn your phone off before going into the interview to avoid unwanted distraction.
- Ensure that you wear a watch if you are going to be timed during any part of the interview or assessment.
Being nervous is a normal part of being in a pressurised environment. Give yourself time to relax and compose yourself before the interview.
Engage with your interviewers: maintain eye contact, listen to the questions asked and be confident – remember this is your time to shine.