The Royal College of Midwives (RCM) are a professional association with over 48,000 members who represent the interests of midwives throughout the UK and internationally.
Since 2012, go-centric has worked in partnership with the RCM to enhance their member experience and engagement.
go-centric currently handles around 37,000 contacts each year for the RCM, resolving 94% of the enquiries presented while escalating the remaining 6% of more complex enquiries back to the in-house team to manage. Eliminating these general enquiries, basic processes, reception and switchboard functions allows the in-house team to focus on more strategic activity.
In providing an omni channel service for RCM, we provide the opportunity for their members to make contact through their preferred channel, to suit their needs.
- Membership services
- We are ‘RCM Connect’, taking every inbound call and all membership enquiries
- 94% of queries resolved at first point of contact
- Administration of memberships
- Direct members to employment support
- Proactive outbound calls to improve and measure membership experience
- Membership payments online and over the phone
- Data intelligence and continuous improvement through trend analysis
As a key partner, it’s important we not only understand the practical and commercial needs of a business, but also their culture and vision. We know and understand the values of RCM and are proud that our organisations share many core values.
Our Role as RCM Connect
We act as the first point of contact for RCM members, handling reception, general and membership enquiries via call, email and web chat. We also assist with requests for specialist advice and get the member in touch with the relevant Workplace Steward or Regional/National officer. We provide extended opening hours for members (24 hours), which provides total flexibility for midwives on varying shift patterns and hours.
In addition we support RCM with a wide range of administrative and back office tasks, including processing applications and cancellations. The scope of this has increased over time, beginning with the processing of renewal forms, before moving onto membership applications and cancellations. This has freed up RCM staff to focus on more complex cases and back office functions.
We carry out various outbound data cleansing projects including contacting members who have an invalid address or email on the system. This ensures the RCM are able to keep in regular contact with their members. In 2018 we updated over 700 members’ addresses as a result of data cleansing work.
Our detailed knowledge and understanding of RCM’s organisation means we are well positioned to carry out ad hoc projects at short notice. This provided vital support to them following their move to a new CRM system.
We are able to investigate any member complaints and also fully report on the member experience including contacts received and response times. All the feedback received and data on membership activities is analysed and shared with the RCM, including any recommendations for improvement to the membership experience. Our data intelligence reporting is completely tailored to RCM’s needs.