Customer Service Call HandlerScotland wide
Customer Service Call Handler
Job Types: Full-time, 3 month temporary contract
Salary: £8.91 per hour
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our team of Customer Experience Specialists who deliver first class, professional customer service, using a range of inbound and outbound phone calls to assist with appointment bookings and general enquiries.
Please note; Whilst this role is a work from home remote position, candidates must be based in Scotland whilst undertaking the work.
Go-centric* is a dynamic Business Process Outsourcer (BPO) based in Glasgow’s city centre. We pride ourselves on being a people-centred business; with every one of our ever-growing team striving to provide an excellent customer experience on behalf of our clients.*
We are ambitious and we have high expectations when it comes to delivering operational excellence, with each of our highly trained contact centre personnel being highly competent, intelligent and empathetic multi-taskers who deliver service with passion, professionalism, and integrity, setting us apart from our competitors and exceeding our client expectations.
Every one of our experienced, skilled, and talented people contribute towards the same goal, delivering the highest standard of client and customer focused, operational excellence.
To maintain our continuous improvement strategy, we offer excellent training and progression opportunities for people who want to grow and develop their career and the team.
We want you to become a crucial part of the go-centric vision; to create a partnership that helps organisations meet their operational challenges through the provision of contact centre operational excellence and continuous improvement.
If all that appeals and you think you’ve got the heart and commitment to become part of a fantastic team, we want to hear from you.
- Effectively assessing and resolving enquiries through a mixture of inbound and outbound calls
- Act as first point of contact for the customer to assist them with booking appointments for the service
- Following different scripts and structured criteria to ensure all information is gathered from the customer in the correct and appropriate manner
- Be able to modify and adapt methods of communication to account for the differing needs of callers, especially in stressful and difficult situations and ensure polite, efficient and appropriate communication is upheld at all times
- Following and adhering to processes and procedures specific to our client. This will include meeting Service Level Agreements, and achieving and maintaining quality standards set both internally and externally
- Maintaining electronic databases of all client interaction, with excellent written skills. Good grammar and spelling are essential
- Provide advice to the caller in line with processes and procedures
- Escalate and refer challenging or complex cases or incidents
- A quiet and secluded room (where you won’t be interrupted)
- Desk/table and chair – somewhere to sit comfortably
- Additional equipment (headset, mouse, etc.)
- Customer service experience
- A conscientious and reliable person with a positive ‘can do’ attitude is required for this role
- You must be flexible to adapt to changes in working hours according to the business needs
- Motivation, focus, consistency, and time management are extremely important skills for this role as you will be given targets to meet on a daily basis and will be required to manage your time in order to meet these
- A pleasant, polite, and courteous telephone manner and excellent communication skills are essential in this role
- Listening skills are particularly important as your role will involve tailoring your advice and signposting citizens to relevant services to provide them with further support
- Strong attention to detail
- Good command of the English language, spelling, grammar and keyboard skills are all essential skills for this role
- Computer literacy skills are essential as you will be required to use Microsoft Word and Excel as well as other data capture software where training will be provided
In return for your hard work, you will receive a great deal of recognition for your work, but we also offer several tangible benefits such as:
- The opportunity to gain further qualifications through external training
- Excellent career progression and training opportunities
- Employee pension + Life insurance
- A great working environment with a fantastic team of people
40hrs per week any times between 8am-8pm Mon-Sun
Please attach an up-to-date CV and describe your relevant experience and interest in the position in the ‘additional info’ box below.
Once you have applied, please go to go-centric.co.uk/home-agent/ and follow the instructions to upload your Speed Test and Work From Home (WFH) Environment.
Disability in the Workplace :
Please note, go-centric are a certified Disability Confident employer, and subscribe to the guidance in the Two Ticks Scheme.
Under the Equality Act 2010 we, as the employer, are legally obligated to interview anyone with a disability that meets the minimum criteria for the post, offering any reasonable adjustments that may be required in order to complete the recruitment process and/ or the role itself.
For more information regarding this please visit: www.direct.gov.uk/en/DisabledPeople/Employmentsupport/LookingForWork/DG_4000314
To disclose any information regarding a disability that requires additional support during the recruitment journey, i.e. Job Descriptions in large print, please contact the Recruitment Department by emailing email@example.com or by calling 0333 014 4401.