Head of People and CultureGlasgow
Head of People and Culture
Job Title: Head of People and Culture
Reports To: Kelly Arrol, Service Delivery Director
Salary: From 40,000 Per Year
Contract Type: Full-time, Permanent
Go-centric is looking for our first ever Head of People and Culture to support our dynamic and growing business. With a position on the Senior Management Team, you will provide leadership on all things people; overseeing three key functions HR, Recruitment and Learning & Development. This role will align the people and learning objectives to enhance performance, maximise opportunities and potential, and meet changing organisational needs. Our people are central to our success and you will play a vital role in both their and go-centric’s ongoing success
Go-centric is a dynamic Business Process Outsourcer (BPO) based in the heart of Glasgow’s city centre. We pride ourselves on being a people-centred business; striving to provide an excellent customer experience on behalf of our clients and it is our people who are the key to achieving this.
We’re ambitious and we have high expectations. We’re all obsessive about delivering operational excellence and being outstanding. It’s what sets us apart from our competitors and it’s what we promise our clients. We need you to help us keep our promises.
Everyone in this business contributes towards delivering operational excellence and continuous improvement, regardless of their role. So, whether you speak to customers directly, manage a team, handle the finances, or do clever things with data and digital innovations, we have the same goal. Your ideas matter to help us meet these goals!
As part of the deal, we’re always putting profits back into the business to keep improving go-centric as a place to work. We offer excellent training and progression opportunities for people who want to grow and develop their career and the team work hard to make this a fun, energetic environment.
Having experienced substantial growth within the last 12 months, a key part of the role will be to retain and develop our culture in line with out purpose. We are expecting to see significant growth over the coming years and are looking for a forward-thinking candidate, who can set up our team to do their best work in a way that scales.
Working closely with the Directors and the senior leadership team, the Head of People and Culture will have responsibility for both operational and strategic elements of the People function. The successful candidate will support the creation of an optimal organisational structure and a culture which aligns to our values and ethos. They will also help ensure the company attracts, recruits, develops and retains a highly skilled, diverse and motivated workforce, ensuring employee well-being is a core facet of our strategy, as well as supporting management on all People matters.
The Head of People and Culture will be a trusted confidante, role model and ethical compass to the senior management team on all People issues and as such will be highly credible with exceptionally strong relationship skills. The successful candidate will champion an agile organisational approach that empowers people, embraces systems thinking and works collaboratively across the directorate and wider organisation. In addition, the successful candidate will be driven and highly committed to support this dynamic business as it grows and evolves rapidly in the coming years.
In order to be suitable for this role of significant responsibility you must be a commercially astute, ambitious and driven leader with a passion for people and proven track record of delivering and embedding a successful HR strategy. The environment will be incredibly fast paced, and your key objective will be to facilitate growth and employee retention by creating a reward, development, wellbeing, and engagement strategy that is at the heart of how the business operates and delivers an exceptional employee experience.
This role presents a great opportunity to take the lead across our People and Culture department, driving our people agenda to create a great place to work which has equality, diversity, and inclusion at its heart, creates a modern and vibrant, workplace, and enables our colleagues to be the best that they can be.
- Ultimate accountability for driving the successful growth of go-centric through its people practices
- Own go-centric’s People Strategy and be responsible for its delivery
- Build on our existing HR processes around onboarding, benefits, engagement, continuous performance management, diversity & inclusion and wellbeing ensuring every interaction delivers a great employee experience.
- Shape our recruitment cycle to be reflective of our company culture and maximise our potential to attract the best candidates
- Continue to develop our culture, staying true to our vision and supporting our growth expectations
- Provide strong strategic leadership and have overall responsibility for People and Culture, including working closely with the senior management team to create a healthy, positive and high performing organisational culture
- Identify opportunities for the business to improve its Learning & Development strategy
- Oversee all client training throughout the business and ensure we deliver a high standard of materials through a mixture of platforms and learning styles
- Lead on the creation and implementation of our go-centric training academy
- Ensure that all employees are given a Personal Development Plan with Learning & Development opportunities extended across the business.
- Develop a strong internal culture to ensure businesses growth, retention of talent and attraction of new talent
- Supporting the business’s decision-making frameworks, in making timely and robust decisions in relation to people and resources
- Leading the people governance, risk and compliance ensuring that regulatory policies and procedures are documented and maintained
- Reviewing and implementing relevant accreditations that support and recognise the work undertaken by the organisation.
- The Head of People & Culture plays a pivotal role in enabling the development, implementation, and ongoing evaluation our people development needs and culture, enabling the Group to deliver on its ambition to be an Employer of Choice and drive our L&D offering to support and realise our the Agenda for Change programme.
- Ensuring that our attraction strategy reflects our values and culture.
- Oversee the evaluation and implementation of a blended programme of learning and development for all colleagues
- Providing, reports data and analysis to the go-centric board and Directors
We are looking for an experienced and collaborative leader who brings HR expertise across the range of HR specialisms, particularly strategic people management, learning and organisation and development and design and have successfully managed a breadth of talent in an ever-evolving environment. As such, the ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of 5+ years’ experience in a HR leadership role, with responsibility for leading the people agenda and the creation of a high performing culture, ideally within a high growth business
- An outstanding track record of organisational/cultural change, recruitment, performance management, employee engagement, training, and talent management
- Experience working autonomously and guiding a business through a substantial growth period
- Experience of leading multi-disciplinary HR functions and the successful development and delivery of people strategies – HR, Recruitment and Learning & Development
- Experience of over-seeing high volume recruitment
- Experience of driving and supporting organisational change programmes
- Practical experience of working with HR theory and employment law
- Experience working closely with the senior management team, supporting and coaching to embed people processes and support their leadership
- Experience of leading service improvement strategies and building quality performance management cultures which deliver service excellence
- Experience in improving employee engagement and internal communications in both formal and informal settings
- Experience in preparing and managing budgets which maximise resources and deliver value for money
Essential Knowledge and Qualifications:
- CIPD Level 7 qualified with evidence of continuous professional development
- Excellent working knowledge and up to date knowledge of employment law including, terms and conditions, restructure, TUPE, discipline and grievance management
- Understanding of potential Brexit implications around EU employees and how these can be managed
- Strong, proven understanding of culture change and experience of successfully leading organisational change management processes
- Ability to understand and use data effectively, analysing and interpreting a range of data sources
- You’ll need a deep insight into designing effective L&D programmes that you’ll align to our organisational priorities, allowing our people to take charge of their own development and ensure they have access to the right support, at the right time
- Up to date knowledge of Learning and Development practices and challenges
- Up to date knowledge of recruitment covering high-volume entry level recruitment, back office and senior management
- The ability to build strong relationships and trust at all levels. You must be strong leader who takes a person-centric approach. You must have a strong value based and are proactive and visible across the organisation
- You must be able to drive engagement and motivate staff in order to influence culture and ensure positive results and changes.
- You must be a key team player who is able to advocate for both staff and management
- Must take a proactive approach to work, with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Communication skills are essential. Must be proficient in both spoken and written English in order lead meetings and presentations and, interface with staff at all levels.
In return for your hard work, you will receive a great deal of recognition for your work, but we also offer several tangible benefits such as:
- The opportunity to gain further qualifications through external training
- Excellent career progression and training opportunities
- An active social committee (usually – recently we have had a few Zoom quizzes)
- Employee pension + Life insurance
- A great working environment with a fantastic team of people