Job Title: IT Technician
Reports To: IT Support Manager
Salary: £19,000 per year
Contract Type: Full-time, Permanent
Are you a tech-savvy IT Technician looking for your next role? Would you like the opportunity to develop your career in a growing business? Take a look at the job description and hit ‘apply’!
Go-centric is a dynamic Business Process Outsourcer (BPO) based in Glasgow’s city centre. We pride ourselves on being a people-centred business; with every one of our ever-growing team striving to provide an excellent customer experience on behalf of our clients.
We are ambitious and we have high expectations when it comes to delivering operational excellence, with each of our highly trained contact centre personnel being highly competent, intelligent and empathetic multi-taskers who deliver service with passion, professionalism, and integrity, setting us apart from our competitors and exceeding our client expectations.
Every one of our experienced, skilled, and talented people contribute towards the same goal, delivering the highest standard of client and customer focused, operational excellence.
To maintain our continuous improvement strategy, we offer excellent training and progression opportunities for people who want to grow and develop their career and the team.
We want you to become a crucial part of the go-centric vision; to create a partnership that helps organisations meet their operational challenges through the provision of contact centre operational excellence and continuous improvement.
You will provide first line IT support to go-centric Limited; a growing multi-channel contact centre with a focus on Customer Service. With over 60 clients, we deliver world class customer service through a variety of channels and utilising a number of systems. We are looking for someone ambitious and conscientious, who will support the ongoing growth of the business.
If all that appeals and you think you’ve got the heart and commitment to become part of a fantastic team, we want to hear from you.
- Work closely with the IT Support Manager to update client scripts within our scripting tool
- Monitor servers and systems to ensure they are working properly and are regularly maintained
- Assist with end user system updates and monitoring. Including but not limited to:
- Patch management, spam emails, spyware removal and testing, virus checking, ensuring backup of data files, etc.
- Assist with network and security management
- Deploying and supporting hardware upgrades (Desktops\Laptops and Monitors)
- Assist with data storage architecture
- Follow processes which ensure the organisation remains compliant with ISO27001
- Assist with procurement and implementation of new servers, technology, etc.
- Provide user-level technical support for end users, computers, printers, etc.
- Assist with user management (adding and deleting users from AD, password resets, working with emails, etc.)
- Assist with creation and documentation of IT system SOPs and processes
- Experience with MS Office\Microsoft 365 products
- Experience and\or knowledge of various networking systems concepts including email, firewall, client-servers, network security, network protocols, etc
- Previous experience of hardware maintenance and repair
- Ability to work independently and assist with multiple projects, priorities, and locations
- Ability to work under pressure with interruptions and challenging deadlines
- Analytical with the ability to problem solve
- Must demonstrate creativity and strong troubleshooting skills
- Must be able to communicate clearly and precisely, both verbally and in writing
- Must have high level attention to detail
In return for your hard work, you will receive a great deal of recognition for your work, but we also offer several tangible benefits such as:
- The opportunity to gain further qualifications through external training
- Excellent career progression and training opportunities
- Employee pension + Life insurance
- A great working environment with a fantastic team of people
Hours: 40 hours a week
Please attach an up-to-date CV and describe your relevant experience and interest in the position in the ‘additional info’ box below.
Once you have applied, please go to go-centric.co.uk/home-agent/ and follow the instructions to upload your Speed Test and Work From Home (WFH) Environment.
If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Disability in the Workplace :
Please note, go-centric are a certified Disability Confident employer, and subscribe to the guidance in the Two Ticks Scheme.
Under the Equality Act 2010 we, as the employer, are legally obligated to interview anyone with a disability that meets the minimum criteria for the post, offering any reasonable adjustments that may be required in order to complete the recruitment process and/ or the role itself.
For more information regarding this please visit: www.direct.gov.uk/en/DisabledPeople/Employmentsupport/LookingForWork/DG_4000314
To disclose any information regarding a disability that requires additional support during the recruitment journey, i.e. Job Descriptions in large print, please contact the Recruitment Department by emailing email@example.com by calling 0333 014 4401.